We collect various types of information from our users, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”). We also collect information about your use of our website and services.
Information We Collect
- Personal information you provide to us: We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline when you:
- Register for an account
- Subscribe to our newspaper
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Participate in a survey or poll
- Sign up for email newsletters or alerts
- Contact customer service
- Information collected automatically: We automatically collect information about your use of our website and services, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, and the time spent on those pages.
- Information collected from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties, such as social media platforms and partners.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, and improve our website and services
- To personalize your experience and provide you with relevant content
- To send you promotional materials and email newsletters
- To notify you of new products, services, or special offers
- To conduct research and analysis about our user base
- To comply with legal obligations, such as responding to court orders or subpoenas
- To enforce our terms of service
- To protect our rights and the rights of our users, and to prevent fraud or other illegal activities
Sharing of Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- To third-party service providers: We may share your personal information with third-party service providers, such as payment processors, to provide you with the products or services you have requested
- To comply with legal obligations: We may share your personal information if required to do so by law, such as in response to a court order or subpoena
- To enforce our terms of service: We may share your personal information if we believe it is necessary to enforce our terms of service or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Daily Globe, our users, or the public
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.